Protect A1 is a ‘third-generation’ roofing underlay. It is developed specifically to overcome the disadvantages of traditional Type 1F felts and second generation plastic sheet materials. Therefore you can use Protect A1 for all pitched roof constructions (tiled and slated), whether the insulation is at ceiling joist level or at rafter level. It is a twin-ply construction of polypropylene non-woven spun-bond layer and PP film.
Protect A1 Benefits:
- Completely waterproof.
- You can use as a temporary covering.
- Excellent nail tear strength and tensile strength.
- Has ‘unrestricted’ use for wind uplift in all exposure conditions in the UK & Ireland.
- UV and heat resistant.
- Absorbent under-surface prevents condensate drip-off.
- Embossed dark grey upper surface reduces glare and takes a chalk line marking.
- Does not generate noise under wind gusting.
- Easy to cut, clean, light to handle and unaffected by temperature changes.
- BM TRADA Independently certified for all applications.
Roll sizes: 1.5m x 30m (45m2) & 1.0m x 45m (45m2)
Roll weight: 7kg (including core)
For more information and technical details, click here to download Protect’s data sheet.